There are four standing committees, three of which are open to members in good standing.
- Executive Committee – The committee consists of the President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer, who serves as committee Chair. Responsibilities include preparing an annual budget and recommending this budget to the Board at least 35 days prior to the annual meeting. The final budget is subject to the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Finance and Audit Committee – Prepares annual budget and recommends the budget to the Board of Directors at least 35 days prior to the annual meeting. The final budget is subject to the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Home Care Political Action Committee – The Home Care Political Action Committee promotes and strives for improvement of government by encouraging and stimulating home health agencies and others to take a more active and effective part in governmental affairs.
- Leadership Development Committee – The committee chooses a slate of qualified candidates for all positions to be filled at the general membership meeting. Its membership consists of HCAF members selected by majority vote of the Board.
The Board of Directors, or the President, may establish, from time to time, a task force for specific purposes and objectives. Unless otherwise directed by the Board, the President shall appoint members and chairpersons of any task force.
- All Hazards Emergency Management Task Force – The task force facilitates organizational cooperation and communication related to the planning, response, and recovery phases of declared hazards in the state of Florida.
- Education Task Force – The task force assists in planning HCAF's education curriculum and learning resources.
- Governmental Affairs Task Force – The task force monitors state legislation and federal legislation and regulation that could affect HCAF members and oversees HCAF's Home Care Legislative Advocate Award. The chair is appointed by the President and it consists of all HCAF members interested in participating in HCAF’s legislative and regulatory activities.
- Medicaid Task Force – The task force is focused on improving the home health industry's part in working with the Florida Medicaid program.
- Zone Program Integrity Contractor (ZPIC) Task Force – The task force was organized in July 2017 to address aggressive tactics by Florida’s Zone Program Integrity Contractor (ZPIC) auditor, SafeGuard Services. The purpose of the task force is to bring together a broad-based coalition of leaders who are willing to collaborate and formulate solutions for policy makers to reform ZPIC audit practices.